Thursday, May 27, 2010

And So It Begins

apparently I'm going to start every post with a title that begins with "And." Hopefully creativity will hit eventually.

So I'm here and I love it already. I can just sense that God is going to radically change my life. I can't wait, and I am continually praying that I will remain open and sensitive to the Spirit through the whole adventure.

The car ride was fun with Dan and Alissa. Lots of singing and good conversation and some little speedbumps (some literal-raccoon- and some figurative-a police officer looking to fulfill his ticket quota) all brought us to Virginia Beach (or Va Beach as we referred to it) on Tuesday morning to stay with Alissa's cousin Raine, husband Daniel, and kids Gabriel and Lili. It was such a great time of good food and good rest, and amazing conversations not only with Raine but with her friends Barb and Thomas, whom she met in Germany while Daniel was stationed there for the Navy. Barb and Thomas have amazing stories and we were so blessed to hear them. They ministered to us so deeply. It was no accident that we all ended up in that little house on the same day. God was already at work before we got to project. He is just so incredible!

Yesterday morning, after a good night's sleep, a shower (which I needed desperately after the flight and then 17+ hours in the car...), and more excellent conversation, we took off for North Myrtle Beach. It took us about 7 hours and we arrived just in time for a torrential downpour. We were soaked the moment we got out of the car. Moved in to the room where I met my two roommates Jamie and Liz. They're awesome and I can't wait to make this place our little home.

Last night they filled us up with good food and then sent us on an intense scavenger hunt. It took a while, but eventually we found the Shak, which is our main meeting place. Since then, we've just been having orientation meetings and meeting sooooooo mannnnnnnnnyyyyyy peopleeeeeeee. I love it, but I gotta admit it's working my brain really hard to try to remember everyone's names. I met my bible study today, and they're awesome. Yup, God is GOOD.

Well I've got seven minutes til dinner. Always procrastinating....even when there isn't a deadline.

Oh, and as I'm sure you're all wondering, let me assure you that the weather is incredibly warm and sunny and beautiful. I haven't had a chance to run to Walmart yet, leaving me without sunscreen, so we'll see what burns in the shower tomorrow morning ;)

Love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment